Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Activity 4

a)  Yes i was impressed by Google's functions/features. Google protrays a wide range of information of all kinds such as news, discussions, data bases, multimedia resources etc. These types of internet resources will showcase different types of views and opinions which really impressed me. Google thus allows me to form a conclusion as the contents vary.

b)  I feel that my participation in the discussion forum was relevant for my learning experience. As it was a discussion forum, many students keyed in their thoughts and opinions based on the relevant topic. Thus it enabled me to view things from a different point of view apart from mine. It was not relevant to my own research topic but through discussing a general topic with my classmates, it allowed me to think outside the box, which is a skill. I could use this skill to apply for my own research topic. No i do not feel anxious about talking to others i do not know as it is a place of discussing thoughts and ideas. I doubt there will be any conflict between fellow discussors, minor tension perhaps if both parties are strong believers of their opinions. Thus discussing the topic with strangers do not affect me as it is a place of learning for me.

c) citation and bibliography is compulsary when doing research as you are quoting information which aren't your own ideas and putting it into your essay. Thus you need to be fair in your judgement and credit the author for using his work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home